Pan Fried Zucchini with Coconut Yoghurt
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
1 x cup quinoa
3-4 x zucchinis
1 x cup Cocotribe yoghurt
¼ cup pine nuts
¼ cup sultanas or currants
½-1 tsp smoked paprika
1 x long green/red chilli (optional)
4 x sprigs of fresh tarragon
small handful of fresh dill
small handful of fresh mint
1/2 x lemon
salt + pepper
1. Prepare the quinoa first by rinsing the quinoa under water then transfer it into a medium or small pot and add 1 ¼ cup of water. Soak the quinoa for 15 minutes then cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Once the quinoa is boiling reduce the heat and simmer the quinoa for another 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed (see note).
2. Once the quinoa is simmering prepare the zucchinis. Slice the end off the zucchinis and then slice them in half lengthways. Heat a large pan with a drizzle of olive oil and cook the zucchini halves on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the surfaces are golden brown and are cooked through to the centre, season with salt (see note).
3. Meanwhile place the pine nuts, sultanas and smoked paprika into a mixing bowl. Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to this bowl and mix everything through until combined. Add a drizzle of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Finely slice the long green chilli and the fresh herbs.
5. To serve, place the warm zucchinis on one large sharing plate or two separate plates, squeeze with fresh lemon juice over the zucchinis and top with the quinoa mix and Coco Tribe yoghurt. Add the chilli, fresh herbs and any extra paprika or other spices over the top and enjoy!
To cook the quinoa either follow the method explained above or follow the instructions from the quinoa packet that you use.
You may need to cook the zucchinis in two batches depending on the size of your pan. Just add extra olive oil to the second batch.
Recipe and Photography by Anastasia Zolotarev