Lemon, Thyme & Quinoa Crusted “Popcorn” Chicken with Coconut Lime Dipping Sauce
This is a delicious recipe by the team at Warren & Holt: our favourite wholefoods eatery in Marrickville.
- 2 x chicken breast fillets, diced into 1x1cm pieces
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Dried chilli flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- Ghee for frying
DIPPING SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 2 tbsp Coco Tribe natural coconut yoghurt
- Salt flakes to taste
- Drizzle Australian extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lime juice (can substitute for lemon)
Start with three bowls. Combine quinoa flakes, lemon zest, chilli flakes and thyme leaves in a bowl. Fill another bowl with arrowroot. Fill a final bowl with the eggs and lightly beat using a whisk or fork. Lightly coat each chicken piece in arrowroot, followed by egg and the quinoa mixture.
Heat a small amount of ghee in a fry pan. Add chicken and cook chicken until golden and cooked through. While cooking, mix dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl, season to taste.