Honey Roasted Carrot Salad
- 1 bunch of baby dutch carrots, peeled, trimmed and halved lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra olive for drizzling
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon honey
- Generous pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup blanched almonds
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and picked
- 1 bunch of mint, leaves picked
- ¼ cup Coco Tribe Natural Coconut Yoghurt
- 1 tbs hulled tahini
- 1-2 tbs lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon honey
- 2-3 tbs warm water, plus extra if needed
- Salt & pepper, to season
Preheat the oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan-forced and line two oven trays with baking paper.
Toss carrots in olive oil and cumin and place on a tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with honey and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden and tender.
Reduce the oven to200ºC/180ºC fan-forced. Place blanched almonds onto a seperate tray and roast for 8-10 or until golden.
Toss watercress and mint and place on serving platter and drizzle with a little olive oil. Top with the carrots and roasted almonds.
Combine all the dressing ingredients, adjusting the consistency with warm water if needed. Gently pour over the salad just before serving.